Yes, you can use PDF-XChange Viewer to do measurements, simple editing & add comments - if you have the plan / drawing in PDF format!
Those wishing to View/Modify or perform simple editing of PDF files on their Windows PC's now have a FREE alternative! The PDF-XChange Viewer is smaller, faster and more feature rich than any other FREE PDF Reader/Viewer/Editor available. No PDF reader or Viewer offers more features than PDF-XChange
Other then SIMPLE MEASUREMENT, here is some of the things this free PDF viewer can do.
- Add Comments and Annotations to any PDF file (subject to security settings) - unlike the Adobe Viewer which requires the PDF creation tool to be 'certified' by Adobe !
- Markup pages with text and objects
- Type directly on any PDF page, not just Adobe enabled forms documents - in Typewriter mode.
- Export PDF pages or entire files to any one of the supported Image formats including BMP, JPEG, TIFF, PNG and many more ...
- Extract text from a PDF page/File
- Make your navigation of large or complex PDF files both simple and enjoyable switch the extended functionality of our 'Loupe' and the 'Pan' Window tools
- Fill and Save Adobe Forms to disk, email or 'post' !
- Updated JPEG2000 Compression support - improving speed.
- And many more features such as Rotate and 'Save', Email files etc ...
Get it here